Brigham Young overpowers Eastern Washington 91-34Dec 20, 2009 - 4:43 AM PROVO, Utah(AP) -- Jimmer Fredette and Tyler Haws helped Brigham Young burn through a 33-0 run early in the game as the Cougars overpowered Eastern Washington 91-34 on Saturday night in the second round of the HoopTV Las Vegas Classic.
The pair combined for 21 of those 33 points and allowed the Cougars (10-1) to go 10 minutes without a score from the Eagles (4-7).
EWU's Mark Dunn made the first basket of the game, but the team only scored next when Jeffrey Forbes sank a free throw with about nine minutes left in the half.
Dunn and Forbes each finished with eight points to lead the Eagles.
The Cougars shot 64 percent from the field including seven of 12 from behind the 3-point line.
Fredette had a game-high 20 points, followed by Emery Jackson with 15, Haws with 14 and Brandon Davies with 12.
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- BYU guard Nick Emery suspended 1 game for punching opponent Dec 3
- BYU's Kyle Collinsworth relishes Mr. Triple-Double title Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19