Oregon State wins 76-52Dec 20, 2009 - 5:45 AM CORVALLIS, Ore.(AP) -- Lathen Wallace had 17 points and Seth Tarver had 15 points and eight assists as Oregon State beat Mississippi Valley State 76-62 Saturday night.
Calvin Haynes had 15 points and Omari Johnson added 13 for the Beavers (5-5), who snapped a two-game losing skid.
Shannon Behling had 15 points and nine rebounds and Kevin Burwell had 13 points for the Delta Devils (1-10). Leading scorer Julius Cheeks, the only Devil averaging in double figures 10.5, had eight points on just 2 of 10 shooting and six assists. The Devils have lost their last eight games.
MVSU stayed close in the first half, trailing 28-26 at halftime.But the Beavers went on an 8-0 to open up the second half, building a cushion that the Devils could never penetrate.
- NCAA BB
MISS VALLEY ST 62
OREGON ST 76 FINAL
Dec 19 11:58 PM
- NCAA BB
MISS VALLEY ST 26
OREGON ST 28 HALFTIME
Dec 19 10:47 PM
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Oregon State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Oregon State Beavers no longer the Pac-12 surprise Oct 28
- No. 9 Utah tops Oregon State in defensive battle Feb 20
- Utes battle Beavers in Pac-12 affair Feb 19
- No. 6 Arizona cruises past Oregon State Jan 31
- Wildcats host Beavers in Pac-12 action Jan 30
- Oregon State edges No. 7 Arizona Jan 12