Saint Joseph's defeats Lehigh 77-66Dec 21, 2009 - 2:17 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Darrin Governs scored 15 points and led five players in double figures in Saint Joseph's 77-66 win over Lehigh on Sunday night.
Saint Joseph's (4-6) trailed 52-47 with 10:13 to play before scoring 13 straight. Bryant Irwin put the Saint Joseph's ahead 60-52 on a jumper with 6:46 remaining.
Chris Prescott, Carl Baptiste and Carl Jones scored 13 points apiece for Saint Joseph's. Irwin added 11 points and Garrett Williamson tallied 11 rebounds for Saint Joseph's, which has won 14 straight in the all-time series.
Lehigh, which trailed 40-38 at halftime, opened the second half on a 10-3 run, including eight straight points from Dave Buchberger. Buchberger, who finished with 13 points, put Lehigh (4-6) ahead 48-43 on a jump shot with 13:32 left in the game.
Gabe Knutson chipped in 13, Michael Ojo 12 and CJ McCollum 10 for Lehigh, which had 12 turnovers in the second half.
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6
- Bitter rivals clash, as Hawks visit Wildcats Dec 6
- No. 13 Gonzaga rips SJU Nov 20
- Hawks fly west to take on 13th-ranked Bulldogs Nov 19