Binghamton defeats Marist 70-52Dec 21, 2009 - 12:04 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.(AP) -- Greer Wright scored 22 points to lead Binghamton to a 70-52 victory over Marist on Sunday.
Wright was 9-for-12 from the field, and added three steals and two blocks for the Bearcats (4-8). Dylan Talley contributed 17 points and seven rebounds, while Pina Guillaume added 13 rebounds and five blocks.
Binghamton used a 14-3 run late in the first half to jump out to a 30-17 lead, and led 34-22 at halftime.
A layup from Devin Price cut the Bearcats' lead to 48-42 with 7:47 remaining, but Marist would get no closer, and would go on to trail by as many as 21 points. Marist scored only three points in the final 4 minutes.
Daye Kaba led the Red Foxes (0-8) with 11 points, while Korey Bauer chipped in with with nine rebounds.
Binghamton shot 57.4 percent from the field (27-for-47) and Marist shot only 29.4 percent (20-for-68).
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Binghamton provides little resistance to No. 3 Michigan Dec 11
- No. 3 Wolverines take on Bearcats Dec 11
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Report: Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 22
- Macon out at Binghamton Apr 30
- English, No. 21 Mizzou race past Binghamton Nov 27
- Winless Bearcats come calling on 21st-ranked Tigers Nov 27
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11