Arkansas State tops Arkansas-Little Rock 69-61Dec 20, 2009 - 11:34 PM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Daniel Bryant scored 17 points off the bench and Arkansas State defeated Arkansas-Little Rock 69-61 Sunday.
Martavius Adams and JeJuan Brown each scored 11 points and Trey Finn added 10 rebounds for the Red Wolves (4-5, 1-0 Sun Belt).
Alex Garcia-Mendoza led the Trojans (4-8, 0-2) with 16 points and Courtney Jackson had career highs of 13 points and 13 rebounds for his first double-double.
After trailing by as many as 13 in the first half, Little Rock tied the score at 52-all on a layup by Matt Mouzy with 10:31 to go. Arkansas State then put together a 12-3 run to take control as the Trojans went 8:07 without a field goal.
Arkansas State build an early 23-10 advantage and was up 41-37 at halftime.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- No. 11 Cincinnati dispatches Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 6
- Bearcats get set to battle Trojans Dec 6
- No. 2 Kentucky rips Arkansas-Little Rock Jan 4
- No.2 Wildcats and Trojans meet at Freedom Hall Jan 3
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18