Akron rolls past St. Francis 80-51Dec 20, 2009 - 9:51 PM AKRON, Ohio(AP) -- Steve McNees scored 17 points and 12 Akron players scored in the Zips' 80-51 victory over St. Francis (Pa.) on Sunday.
Akron (6-3) hit 11 3-pointers, held St. Francis to six first-half field goals and shot 68.2 percent from the field (15-for-22) in the second half for its third consecutive victory.
The Zips never trailed and led 18-4 on Darryl Roberts' 3-pointer with 13:01 left in the first half. They extended their margin to 40-18 at halftime, going on a 17-0 run that consumed 6 minutes.
St. Francis (3-8), which has lost three consecutive games, shot only 33.3 percent for the game (17-for-51), committed 20 turnovers and was outrebounded 43-25.
Brett McClanahan scored 11 points and Jimmy Conyers added 10 points for the Zips, who led by 34 points with 6:05 left in the game.
Umar Shannon led St. Francis with 16 points and Cedric Latimer added 13 points.
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- Niang paces Cyclones over Zips Dec 23
- Iowa State and Akron meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 23
- Daniels, Reddic lead Rams in rout of Zips Mar 22
- Akron takes on VCU in second round of NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17
- Ohio battles Akron for MAC Tournament title Mar 16
- McDermott powers No. 16 Creighton past Akron Dec 9
- No. 16 Bluejays play host to Zips Dec 9
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- Ohio edges Akron to take MAC title Mar 11