New Hampshire defeats Dartmouth 69-59Dec 20, 2009 - 11:12 PM DURHAM, N.H.(AP) -- Tyrone Conley and Alvin Abreu scored 21 points apiece as New Hampshire defeated Dartmouth 69-59 on Sunday.
Conley also added a team-high eight rebounds for the Wildcats (4-4).
New Hampshire has now won seven straight home games dating back to the end of last season. It is the Wildcats' second-longest home winning streak since the 1960-61 season, with their longest streak being 12 straight games from Nov. 30, 1982, to Jan. 2, 1984.
New Hampshire led 32-30 at halftime, and used a 7-0 run in the second half to jump out to a 56-48 lead with 8:58 remaining. Dartmouth would get no closer than within six points the rest of the game.
The Wildcats shot 53.3 percent from the field (24-for-45), while Dartmouth shot 38.1 percent (24-for-63).
David Rufful led the Big Green (2-8) with 18 points. Dartmouth has now lost four of their last five games.
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 22 Harvard opens Ivy League action against Dartmouth Jan 7
- Walker scores 30 as UConn holds off New Hampshire Nov 30
- Vermont beats New Hampshire 57-38 in America East Mar 7
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6
- Pennsylvania knocks off Dartmouth 78-68 Mar 6
- Princeton defeats Dartmouth 71-43 Mar 5
- New Hampshire knocks off Stony Brook 77-55 Feb 28
- Brown rolls past Dartmouth 76-57 Feb 27