Boston College has no trouble with Bryant 72-46Dec 20, 2009 - 11:04 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Joe Trapani scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, and Corey Raji added 20 points and eight boards to lead Boston College to a 72-46 victory over winless Bryant on Sunday.
The win snapped a two-game losing streak for the Eagles (7-4) heading into Wednesday's matchup with Massachusetts, which upset Memphis on Saturday.
Trapani and Raji both went 9-for-13 from the floor and Trapani had four of BC's 10 blocked shots.
Cecil Gresham led the Bulldogs (0-11), who entered the game as one of seven winless teams in the country, with 18 points. It was their 13th straight loss, dating to last season.
Bryant, in its second year in Division I, is coached by Tim O'Shea, who played at BC and worked under Eagles coach Al Skinner at both Rhode Island and BC.
The 46 points by Bryant, playing the first of six straight road games, matched the Bulldogs' season low.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 72 FINAL
Dec 20 5:43 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BRYANT 16 16
BOSTON COLLEGE 38 38 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
BRYANT - CECIL GRESHAM 7, ADAM PARZYCH 5, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 2
BOSTON COLLEGE - JOE TRAPANI 11, COREY RAJI 8, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 6
Dec 20 4:47 PM
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Paige, North Carolina top BC Mar 11
- Tar Heels take on Eagles in ACC Tournament action Mar 11
- Notre Dame takes out Boston College once more Feb 21
- Irish set sights on Eagles in ACC affair Feb 21