Charleston Southern tops Southeastern (Fla.) 94-66Dec 22, 2009 - 4:03 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Jamarco Warren scored a career-high 37 points and Charleston Southern beat Southeastern (Fla.) 94-66 on Monday night.
Warren, who was 13 of 20 from the field, also tied a career-high with six 3-pointers. Kelvin Martin added 16 points and eight rebounds for the Buccaneers (5-6), who snapped a four-game losing streak. The Buccaneers are 3-0 against non-NCAA teams this season.
Nathan Marshall scored 18 points to lead the NAIA Fire (7-10) and Dyami Thurman added 16 points.
The Buccaneers, who scored 37 points off turnovers, had 16 steals and forced 28 turnovers by the Fire.
Leading 70-59 with 7:17 to play, Charleston Southern scored 20 unanswered points for a 90-59 lead with 1:39 to play. The Buccaneers built a 33-point lead before the Fire scored the final five points of the game.
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- No. 12 Arizona tops Charleston Southern Nov 11
- No. 12 Arizona opens season against Charleston Southern Nov 11
- Radford defeats Charleston Southern 64-61 in OT Mar 2
- Liberty rallies to beat Charleston Southern 74-61 Feb 27
- Charleston Southern beats VMI 95-85 Feb 25