South Carolina beats Furman 81-57Dec 22, 2009 - 2:23 AM COLUMBIA, S.C.(AP) -- Devan Downey and Sam Muldrow scored 16 points apiece to lead South Carolina to an 81-57 victory over Furman on Monday night.
Freshmen Ramon Galloway and Lakeem Jackson tallied career-highs with 15 points apiece for South Carolina (8-3).
Galloway connected on four 3-pointers in the second half, while Jackson did the bulk of his damage on the inside with a 5-for-5 performance from the floor.
Downey added eight assists and seven steals. Muldrow blocked three shots.
South Carolina held a 35-34 lead with 15:55 remaining but went on a 28-5 run over 7 minutes to take control.
Amu Saaka led Furman (5-5) with 14 points.
South Carolina learned earlier in the day they would be without senior Dominique Archie for the remainder of the year. He injured his right knee in a loss to Miami on Nov. 22, and will have season-ending surgery.
- South Carolina forward Raymond Doby leaving the program May 18
- South Carolina dismisses suspended players Gregory, Cobb Apr 4
- Gamecocks give men's coach Frank Martin 4-year extension Apr 1
- South Carolina got told it was in - except, it wasn't Mar 31
- Offseason questions loom for Frank Martin, South Carolina Mar 23
- 2 South Carolina players arrested over BB gun shooting Mar 17
- 5 South Carolina players suspended before NIT game Mar 15
- South Carolina moving on from NCAA snub Mar 14
- South Carolina looking to take next step at SEC Tournament Mar 8
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings Feb 9
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M Feb 5
- South Carolina looks to rebound at home after tough stretch Jan 25