Ball State defeats North Carolina Central, 59-45Dec 22, 2009 - 3:09 AM MUNCIE, Ind.(AP) -- Malik Perry scored 17 points to lead Ball State to a 59-45 victory over North Carolina Central Monday night.
Jarrod Jones had 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Cardinals (4-5). Ball State controlled the boards, outrebounding North Carolina Central 37-23.
Terrence Watson scored 12 points for Ball State, which led 28-23 at halftime.
The Eagles (2-10) were led by Dijon Manns with 13 points. C.J. Wilkerson scored 11 and Nick Chasten had 10 points and a team-high seven rebounds. North Carolina Central scored the first six points of the game and drew within 37-34 in the second half, but Ball State eventually pulled away with a 15-4 run.
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16