Nicholls State defeats Jacksonville State 60-55Dec 22, 2009 - 3:31 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Anatoly Bose scored 22 points and Nicholls State defeated Jacksonville State 60-55 on Monday night.
Bose, ranked No. 9 in the nation with 228 points, was 8 of 18 from the field and the Colonels (4-9) shot 41.9 percent from the floor (18 of 43).
Trenton Marshall pulled the Gamecocks (5-5) within 56-55 on two free throws with 29 seconds left.
The Gamecocks then went 4 of 6 from the free throw line to close out the game. Fred Hunter and Kellan Carter made one each and Bose hit both his foul shots as Nicholls State won its fourth straight.
Hunter finished with 15 points and was 4 of 8 from the field.
Marshall led Jacksonville State with 18 points. Jeremy Bynum scored 15 points and Nick Murphy chipped in 11 for the Gamecocks, who snapped a three-game winning streak.
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Appling, Michigan State rout Nicholls State Dec 1
- Colonels come north seeking upset of 13th-ranked Spartans Dec 1
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18