Lehigh sinks Marist 66-55Dec 23, 2009 - 2:58 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- Marquis Hall scored 16 points to lead Lehigh, which kept Marist winless with a 66-55 victory on Tuesday night.
Zahir Carrington added 12 points and Gabe Knutson chipped in 11 for the Mountain Hawks (5-6), which have won two of their last three games since dropping three straight.
Hall was 3 of 4 from beyond the arc and Carrington grabbed 13 rebounds for Lehigh.
The Mountain Hawks were 5-for-11 from 3-point range (45.5 percent) compared to the Red Foxes, who hit nine 3s but took 27 shots from long range (33.3 percent).
Lehigh went 23-for-33 from the foul line (69.7 percent) compared to just a 6-for-12 mark for Marist (50 percent).
The Mountain Hawks jumped out to a 20-8 lead in the game's first 7 minutes and never looked back, grabbing a 14-point halftime advantage.
Daye Kaba led the Red Foxes (0-9) with 11 points.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Jefferson, Baylor easily dispatch Lehigh Nov 9
- Lehigh opens season in Lone Star State against No. 19 Baylor Nov 9
- Xavier advances with win over Lehigh Mar 19
- With spot in Sweet 16 on the line, Lehigh takes on Xavier Mar 18
- Wow! Lehigh shocks second-seeded Duke Mar 17