Mount St. Mary's, Md. 77, Boston U. 86Dec 23, 2009 - 3:15 AM BOSTON (AP) -- Jake O'Brien and John Holland each scored 21 points, and Boston University beat Mount St. Mary's (Md.) 86-77 on Tuesday night.
Holland, who made 6 of 11 field goals and was 9-for-13 from the foul line, has scored in double figures in 29 straight games. Tyler Morris added 17 points and Corey Lowe had 13 for the Terriers (5-6), who have won three games in a row. The Terriers shot 56 percent from the field (28 of 50).
The Terriers built their biggest lead at 63-44 with 10:08 to play on a pair of free throws by O'Brien. The Mountaineers (3-8) would get no closer than the final margin the rest of the way. Mount St. Mary's closed the game on an 8-2 run.
Jeremy Goode led the Mountaineers, who lost their sixth straight game, with 20 points. Kelly Beidler added 17 points, Jean Cajou had 16 and Will Holland 13.
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 77
BOSTON UNIV 86 FINAL
Dec 22 9:17 PM
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 32
BOSTON UNIV 39 HALFTIME
Dec 22 8:06 PM
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19