Louisiana-Monroe defeats Harding 74-61Dec 23, 2009 - 4:08 AM MONROE, La.(AP) -- Rudy Turner and Tony Hooper each tallied a double-double in Louisiana-Monroe's 74-61 win over Harding on Tuesday night.
Turner had 21 points and 14 rebounds, and Hooper finished with 15 points and 10 boards as the Warhawks snapped a six-game losing streak.
Tommie Sykes added 13 points and seven rebounds off the bench for the Warhawks (4-8).
Hooper also had four steals, moving within four of tying Arthur Hayes (187) for third on ULM's all-time list.
The Warhawks trailed 35-34 at halftime and Harding took a 42-37 lead on Kirk Porter's jump shot with 15:16 to play.
ULM then went on a 14-2 run and led 51-44 on a three-point play by Tommie Sykes with 11:06 left.
The Warhawks shot 40.7 percent from the field (24 of 59) and the Bison (6-5) shot 34.6 percent (18 of 52).
Trent Morgan and Matt Garner scored 14 points each for Division II Harding.
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Wiggins, KU take down UL-Monroe Nov 9
- Wiggins makes debut, as Jayhawks host Warhawks Nov 8
- Stanback leads UNLV past Louisiana-Monroe Dec 20