Williams leads Memphis past SE Missouri St. 87-57Dec 22, 2009 - 8:21 PM MEMPHIS, Tenn.(AP) -- Elliot Williams scored 20 points, grabbed nine rebounds and handed out eight assists on Tuesday afternoon to lead Memphis to a 87-57 victory over Southeast Missouri State.
Doneal Mack added 19 points on 7-for-11 shooting from the field, including 4-for-8 from beyond the arc as Memphis (8-2) had five players to score in double figures. Wesley Witherspoon had 15 points, while Willie Kemp and Pierre Henderson-Niles finished with 10 apiece.
Cameron Butler led Southeast Missouri State (4-8) with 16 points, while Marland Smith scored 15.
Anthony Allison, Southeast Missouri States leading scorer with a 10.5 average, was held to five points, missing nine of his 10 shots from the field. The Redhawks shot 38.5 percent (20 of 52) for the game.
- Tubby Smith adds 4 assistants to his Memphis coaching staff May 10
- Memphis hires Tubby Smith as Tigers' new basketball coach Apr 14
- Memphis reviewing possible AD, coach conflict of interest Mar 22
- Josh Pastner to stay at Memphis despite missing NCAAs again Mar 18
- American Athletic Conference suspends Memphis' Shaq Goodwin Jan 5
- Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen gets 2-year extension Oct 8
- Moore leads No. 21 SMU over Memphis Feb 27
- SMU and Memphis collide in AAC action Feb 26
- No. 3 Gonzaga routs Memphis Feb 1
- Memphis hits road to challenge No. 3 Gonzaga Jan 31
- No. 11 Wichita State beats Memphis Nov 18
- Memphis opens season against No. 11 Wichita State Nov 18