Kennesaw State 55, Georgia Tech 80Dec 22, 2009 - 9:21 PM ATLANTA (AP) -- Zachery Peacock scored 18 points to lead four Georgia Tech players in double figures and the Yellow Jackets put on a shooting clinic in the second half to rout Kennesaw State 80-55 on Tuesday.
Peacock was a perfect 8-for-8 from the field and 2 of 2 from three-point range. He also had seven rebounds.
Brian Oliver had 14 points for the Yellow Jackets (9-2). Gani Lawal added 11 points and 10 rebounds for his sixth double-double and Derrick Favors had 11 points.
Georgia Tech, which led only 27-16 at halftime, made 19 of 29 shots overall to blow the game open in the second half. The Yellow Jackets were 7 of 10 on three-point attempts. Their biggest lead was 31 at 79-48 with 1:59 left to play.
Kurtis Woods led Kennesaw State (4-7) with 18 points. Spencer Dixon added 12 and Markeith Cummings had 10.
- Georgia Tech hires Pastner from Memphis to replace Gregory Apr 9
- Bobinski looking for coach to revitalize Georgia Tech hoops Mar 28
- Georgia Tech fires men's basketball coach Brian Gregory Mar 25
- Georgia Tech's Georges-Hunt 'thankful' for spot in NIT Mar 14
- ACC Tournament could decide Gregory's future at Georgia Tech Mar 8
- Georges-Hunt's faith finally paying off for Georgia Tech Feb 24
- Georgia Tech is 1 of college basketball's biggest mysteries Jan 26
- Georgia Tech finally shows it can win a close ACC game Jan 11
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Georgia Tech Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Georgia Tech's Gregory under pressure to move up in ACC Oct 26