Oregon holds off Idaho St. 77-71Dec 23, 2009 - 5:29 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP) -- Malcolm Armstead scored a career-high 23 points to help Oregon hold off Idaho State 77-71 on Tuesday night.
Armstead, a sophomore making his seventh straight start in place of injured point guard Tajuan Porter, was 9-of-14 from the field and 5-of-6 from 3-point range. He also added three assists and three steals for the Ducks (7-4).
Idaho State (2-10) got as close as 64-61 with 5:46 remaining, but Armstead assisted on back-to-back baskets by Jamil Wilson and Michael Dunigan, then drilled a pull-up 3-pointer and a floater in the lane to give Oregon a 74-68 lead with less than two minutes to play.
- NCAA BB
IDAHO ST 71
OREGON 77 FINAL
Dec 22 11:59 PM
- NCAA BB
IDAHO ST 33
OREGON 36 HALFTIME
Dec 22 10:52 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29
- Former Oregon player accused of rape sues university Oct 30
- Oregon Preview-Capsule Oct 28