Michigan over Coppin State, 76-46Dec 23, 2009 - 1:43 AM ANN ARBOR, Mich.(AP) -- Stu Douglass scored 20 points and DeShawn Sims added 18 as Michigan routed Coppin State 76-46 Tuesday night for their 500th win at Crisler Arena.
The Wolverines (6-5) reached the milestone in their 43rd season in the arena, which opened in 1967.
Michigan, which led by as many as 32, won for just the third time in eight games. They got 11 points from Zack Novak and 10 from Laval Lucas-Perry, which helped them overcome a rare low-scoring game from Manny Harris, who finished with just five.
The Eagles (5-5) lost for the fourth time in five tries after starting the season 4-1 with three wins over non-Division I schools. Lenny Young led Coppin State with 22.
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Tough finish for injured Michigan seniors LeVert, Albrecht Mar 2
- Michigan's Caris LeVert out for season because of ailing leg Mar 1
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue Feb 13
- LeVert sitting out again for Michigan against Maryland Jan 12