Balanced Detroit turns back Central Michigan 76-58Dec 23, 2009 - 2:45 AM DETROIT(AP) -- Thomas Kennedy's 17 points led four Detroit players in double figures as the Titans whipped Central Michigan 76-58 on Tuesday night.
Lamar Lee scored 13 points for Detroit (8-4). Xavier Keeling and Chase Simon added 10 each.
The Chippewas (4-7) got 13 points apiece from Marko Spica and Amir Rashid and 12 from Robbie Harman.
Detroit held large advantages in shooting and rebounding. The Titans shot 26 of 49 (53.1 percent) to 22 of 50 (44.0 percent) for Central Michigan and had a 35-28 rebounding edge.
The sloppy contest featured 50 turnovers - 26 by Central Michigan and 24 by Detroit. That resulted in the Titans scoring 29 points off turnovers and the Chippewas 25.
Central Michigan bolted to a 19-8 advantage, but the Titans responded with a 15-0 run that put them up 23-19. They never trailed again.
Central Michigan has dropped three of its last four games.
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Calhoun, UConn rout Detroit Nov 14
- Huskies host Titans in 2K Sports Classic Nov 14
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29
- Detroit-Temple men's hoops game postponed Dec 27
- Boeheim earns 900th win as Syracuse holds off Detroit Dec 17