St. Peter's 42, Rutgers 66Dec 23, 2009 - 2:41 AM PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) -- Mike Rosario scored a career-high 28 points and tied a career-high with five assists as Rutgers defeated St. Peter's 66-42 on Tuesday night.
Rutgers (9-2), which has won six straight for the first time since winning eight straight in 2001, got 15 points and a career-high 10 blocked shots from Hamady Ndiaye. Dane Miller had a career-high 15 rebounds.
Steven Samuels had 14 for St. Peter's (5-6), which shot 23.3 percent from the field.
Ndiaye, who entered the game tied for first in the nation with 5.3 blocks per game, helped Rutgers set a school record for blocks with 18. The old mark of 16 was set against St. Bonaventure on Jan. 16 1992. Ndiaye's total was the most for Rutgers since Charlie Weiler blocked 10 in that game.
Holding a 33-24 lead, the Scarlet Knights went on a 24-6 run over the next 9:34 to open a 57-30 advantage. Rutgers held its biggest lead at 65-34.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ST. PETER'S 22 20 42
RUTGERS 33 33 66 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: ST. PETER'S - STEVEN SAMUELS 14, DARIUS CONLEY 8,
NICK LEON 6
RUTGERS - MIKE ROSARIO 28, HAMADY NDIAYE 15, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 5
Dec 22 9:22 PM
- NCAA BB
ST PETERS 22
RUTGERS 33 HALFTIME
Dec 22 8:19 PM
- Rutgers raises $50 million in 4 months for athletics May 10
- Brandin Knight joins Rutgers basketball coaching staff Apr 18
- Rutgers confirms that Hobbs has joined Pikiell's staff Apr 14
- Jay Young hired as assistant basketball coach at Rutgers Apr 11
- Karl Hobbs leaves UConn to join Pikiell's staff at Rutgers Mar 31
- Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers basketball coach Mar 22
- AP source: Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers coach Mar 19
- Jordan fired as Rutgers basketball coach Mar 10
- Rutgers on verge of winless Big 10 Conference season Mar 3
- Rutgers suspends freshman Corey Sanders Feb 15
- Rutgers faces another tough season in Big Ten Conference Oct 27
- No. 10 Maryland holds on to beat Rutgers Mar 3