Albany, N.Y. 56, Loyola of Chicago 68Dec 23, 2009 - 3:42 AM CHICAGO (AP) -- Ben Averkamp scored 17 points and Geoff McCammon added 16 to lead Loyola Chicago to a 68-56 victory against Albany on Tuesday night.
Terrance Hill added 13 points for Loyola (9-2), which won its fifth straight. Averkamp had nine rebounds.
Fran Urli led Albany (4-9) with 12 points.
The Ramblers never trailed, scoring the first seven points and maintaining a double-digit cushion for much of the game.
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18