McNeese State beat Southern, New Orleans 77-59Dec 23, 2009 - 4:09 AM LAKE CHARLES, La.(AP) -- Diego Kapelan scored 19 points and McNeese State defeated Southern, New Orleans 77-59 on Tuesday night.
Richard Patrick added 12 points for the Cowboys (5-6) and P.J. Alawoya had 11 points and 15 rebounds. Will Morning had 10 points. Patrick has scored in double figures in nine of 11 games this season.
Kapelan (5 for 16) and Patrick (3 for 4) accounted for 8 of the Cowboys' 9 3-point field goals. The Cowboys shot 41.5 percent (27 of 65) from the field and 33.3 percent (9 of 27) from behind the arc.
The Cowboys, who led 41-27 at halftime, jumped out to a 12-4 lead and never trailed. The Cowboys held a 46-33 rebounding advantage, as Patrick added eight boards.
The Knights, who counted the game as an exhibition, made only 3 of 17 attempts from 3-point range (17.6 percent).
Brent Leduff scored 16 points and Dometric Haynes added 10 for the NAIA Knights.
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- California uses big second half to beat McNeese State Nov 29
- McNeese State seeks upset of California Nov 28
- Texas-San Antonio captures Southland title Mar 12
- No. 18 Texas A&M fights off challenge from McNeese State Dec 31