Maryland defeats Winston-Salem State 98-55Dec 23, 2009 - 3:27 AM By DAVID GINSBURG AP Sports Writer
COLLEGE PARK, Md.(AP) -- Greivis Vasquez had a season-high 27 points and 11 assists, and Maryland never trailed in a 98-55 rout of Winston-Salem State on Tuesday night.
It was the first double-double of the season for Vasquez and the 11th of his career. The senior guard was two rebounds short of a triple-double when pulled from the game with exactly 5 minutes left.
Coming off a nine-day layoff for exams, the Terrapins (7-3) led by only four points late in the first half and by 12 at halftime. Maryland then scored 23 of the first 28 points after the break to go up by 30.
Paul Davis scored 15 for Winston-Salem State (2-7). It was the Rams' third loss this season by at least 40 points.
The Terrapins shot 57 percent from the floor and had five players score in double figures. Vasquez made all four of his 3-point tries, and Maryland went 12 for 18 from beyond the arc.
- Maryland's Stone to sign agent, Trimble declares for draft Apr 11
- Maryland junior Robert Carter enters name in NBA draft Apr 7
- Maryland's late-season fade leads into offseason of change Mar 25
- No. 5 Maryland outworked by top-seeded Kansas in Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Top-seeded Kansas expects battle from No. 5 Maryland Mar 24
- Maryland assumes underdog role against top-seeded Kansas Mar 22
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- Fifth-seed Maryland enters NCAA Tournament lacking momentum Mar 15
- No. 14 Maryland stumbling toward the finish in Big Ten Mar 2
- Trimble and No. 10 Maryland hope 6-day break is beneficial Feb 26
- Maryland center Diamond Stone suspended 1 game by coach Feb 15