Johnson leads Mississippi St. past Centenary 88-51Dec 23, 2009 - 2:53 AM By CHRIS TALBOTT Associated Press Writer
JACKSON, Miss.(AP) -- Ravern Johnson scored 20 points, Barry Stewart added 14 and Mississippi State beat Centenary 88-51 on Tuesday night.
The Bulldogs (10-2) won their seventh straight this season and their ninth straight in Jackson, using the long-range game to send the Gents (4-7) to their fifth consecutive loss.
Johnson hit 5 of 8 3-pointers and the Bulldogs were 14 of 27 from the field, reaching double digits in made 3-pointers for the eighth time this season.
He had at least one 3-point field goal in the three key runs that clinched the win for Mississippi State.
Johnson and Stewart scored the Bulldogs' first nine points out of halftime and Mississippi State used the resulting 14-4 run to down the outmanned Gents, who drop to Division III next season.
Roman Tubner and David Perez led Centenary with nine points each.
- NCAA BB
MISSISSIPPI ST 88 FINAL
Dec 22 9:41 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSISSIPPI ST 46 HALFTIME
Dec 22 8:45 PM
- Mississippi St G Newman opts for NBA draft, won't hire agent Mar 22
- Weatherspoon leading Mississippi State's resurgence Feb 23
- Mississippi State still trying to turn corner under Howland Jan 15
- Mississippi State suspends F Demetrius Houston indefinitely Nov 17
- Mississippi St Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Mississippi State pins turnaround hopes on Newman, Howland Oct 29
- Howland named Mississippi State basketball coach Mar 23
- Mississippi State fires Ray after 3 seasons Mar 21
- UK routs Mississippi State to stay unbeaten Feb 25
- Top-ranked Wildcats continue run against Bulldogs Feb 25
- Arkansas holds on for 6th straight win Feb 21
- Bulldogs and Razorbacks meet in SEC showdown Feb 21