Texas-Arlington wins 101-85Dec 23, 2009 - 3:18 AM ARLINGTON, Texas(AP) -- Marquez Haynes went for 31 points as Texas-Arlington defeated Texas Wesleyan 101-85 on Tuesday night.
Haynes has now scored 30 or more points for the fourth time this season. He added a team-high seven rebounds. Both Brandon Long and Armani Williams had career-highs with 17 and 15 points, respectively.
The Mavericks made their first 13 field goals, which included seven three-pointers. The Mavericks finished the half shooting 71% making 19 of 27 from the field. They held a 67-45 lead at halftime.
The Rams (8-4) were led by Hector Mukweyi with 25 points and a game-high eight rebounds. He was 10 of 14 from the field. Brian Wanamaker made 14 of 18 free throws and finished with 20 points.
The loss snaps the Rams eight-game winning streak.
The Mavericks have won the last thirteen meetings against the Rams, the last loss coming in 1982 at Texas Wesleyan 79-78.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS WESLEYAN 85
TEXAS ARLINGTON 101 FINAL
Dec 22 10:01 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS WESLEYAN 45
TEXAS ARLINGTON 67 HALFTIME
Dec 22 8:56 PM
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17
- Mavericks square off with Aggies in WAC championship game Mar 16
- Oklahoma State pounds UT-Arlington Dec 19
- Mavericks come calling on 24th-ranked Cowboys Dec 19
- UT-Arlington extends Cross through 2016 Apr 17
- Miller leads ninth-ranked Bears past Mavericks Nov 24