Stohl hits 10 3s in Portland's 82-52 victoryDec 23, 2009 - 5:48 AM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- Jared Stohl scored 30 points on a school-record 10 3-pointers to lead Portland to an 82-52 victory over Idaho on Tuesday night.
The victory represented a 50-point turnaround for the Pilots (7-4), who earlier in the season lost a 20-point decision on the Vandals' home court. That loss helped knock Portland out of the Associated Press Top 25.
Mac Hopson scored 15 points to lead Idaho (6-4).
Stohl finished Tuesday's game 10 of 15 from the 3-point line. He had only two shots from inside the line and missed both. He also wound up with career-highs in rebounds (six) and steals (three).
Stohl fell three points short of a career high in points, which came last year against San Francisco, when he set the previous school record with nine 3-pointers.
- Terry Porter introduced as new Portland Pilots coach Apr 5
- Portland Pilots hire Terry Porter as basketball coach Apr 2
- Wintering sparks Portland past Abilene Christian, 87-57 Nov 23
- No. 3 Gonzaga routs Portland Jan 30
- Pilots hope to fly past third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 29
- Gonzaga fends off Portland Jan 3
- Portland hosts No. 7 Gonzaga in WCC showdown Jan 3
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Gonzaga downs Portland Feb 6
- Bulldogs seek redemption against pesky Pilots Feb 5
- Portland takes rare win against Gonzaga Jan 10