Utah State trumps Cal State-Fullerton 83-60Dec 23, 2009 - 5:27 AM LOGAN, Utah(AP) -- Tai Wesley scored 13 and three other Aggies added 12 to lead Utah State past Cal State Fullerton 83-60 Tuesday night.
Scoring 12 were Jared Quayle, Nate Bendall and Pooh Williams for the Aggies (8-4). Wesley also grabbed a game-high seven rebounds. It was the second round of the three-day Basketball Travelers Invitational, hosted by Utah State.
The Titans (4-5) were led by Orane Chin with 15 and Eric Williams with 10.
The Titans shot only 19-of-53 from the field while the Aggies put in 57 percent from the field and 9-of-15 from the 3-point line.
The Aggies burst to a 37-16 lead with 6 minutes to play in the first half, shooting 15-of-20 from the field.
But two consecutive steals and resulting layups by Fullerton, along with a 3-pointer by Chin, became part of a 10-0 run by the Titans to tighten the score. USU led at halftime 44-30.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- Coggins transfers from Air Force to Cal State Fullerton Jul 30
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- New Mexico pulls away from Utah State Feb 26
- Surging Lobos take on slumping Aggies Feb 25
- Shrigley and Aztecs thump Aggies Feb 19
- Aggies and Aztecs mix it up in Mountain West melee Feb 18
- Thames, Aztecs edge Aggies in OT Jan 26