Fredette, Emery lead BYU past Nevada 110-104Dec 22, 2009 - 10:46 PM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Jimmer Fredette scored 33 points and Jackson Emery added 27 to lead BYU to a 110-104 win over Nevada in the third round of Las Vegas Classic on Tuesday.
This was the Cougars biggest offensive output against a Division I opponent, since a 110-69 win over Morgan State on Dec. 28, 1995.
Fredette was 11 of 16 from the field and 9 of 9 from the free-throw line. Fredette, who had six assists, was held scoreless for the game's first 9 minutes.
Emery was 9 of 13 from the field and 5 of 7 from 3-point range for BYU (11-1), which scored 64 second-half points and was 27 of 28 from the free-throw line.
Armon Johnson led Nevada (6-5) with 30 points and five assists. He was 13 of 21 from the field. Dario Hunt added 21 points along with nine rebounds. Luke Babbit added 20 points and six rebounds.
Tyler Haws added 18 points for BYU.
- NCAA BB
NEVADA 104 FINAL
Dec 22 5:10 PM
- NCAA BB
NEVADA 50 HALFTIME
Dec 22 3:55 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- BYU guard Nick Emery suspended 1 game for punching opponent Dec 3
- BYU's Kyle Collinsworth relishes Mr. Triple-Double title Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25