Siena builds early lead, defeats Rider 84-62Dec 24, 2009 - 2:42 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Clarence Jackson and Alex Franklin scored 22 points each to lead Siena to an 84-62 victory over Rider on Wednesday night.
Franklin added 11 rebounds and the Saints (7-4, 2-0 Metro Athletic Atlantic Conference) rolled to a 46-30 halftime lead on their way to winning their 25th consecutive home game.
Siena shot 57.6 percent from the field (19-for-33) in the first half and gradually pulled away from Rider (8-6, 1-1), taking a 44-28 lead on Franklin's two free throws with 1:33 left.
Edwin Ubiles' 3-pointer gave the Saints a 56-33 advantage with 17:15 left in the game.
Ubiles finished with 13 points and Ryan Rossiter added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Saints. Siena's Ronald Moore, who entered leading Division I with eight assists a game, had 12.
Mike Ringgold led Rider with 16 points and 12 rebounds. Justin Robinson added 11 points and Novar Gadson had 10.
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31