Georgia rolls past Florida Atlantic 77-60Dec 24, 2009 - 2:50 AM ATHENS, Ga.(AP) -- Trey Thompkins scored a career-high 35 points and claimed 15 rebounds, leading Georgia to a 77-60 victory over Florida Atlantic on Wednesday night.
Dustin Ware was the only other Bulldog in double figures with 12 points.
Florida Atlantic (5-6) got 12 points apiece from Raymond Taylor and Shavar Richardson. Greg Gantt added 10.
The Owls led for most of the first half and by as many as nine points, the last time at 23-14 with 7:39 to go before halftime.
Georgia (6-4) whittled the deficit to 30-29 at halftime.
The Bulldogs took a 35-34 lead on Thompkins' layup with 17:20 left. The Owls tied it with a free throw at 35-all, but never led again.
Georgia's 20-3 run pushed the lead to 64-44 with 4:32 remaining.
The Owls hit four straight 3-pointers to cut the lead to 66-58 with 2:18 to go, but Georgia pulled away at the end.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA ATLANTIC 30 30 60
GEORGIA 29 48 77 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: FLORIDA ATLANTIC - SHAVAR RICHARDSON 12, RAYMOND TAYLOR
12, GREG GANTT 10
GEORGIA - TREY THOMPKINS 35, DUSTIN WARE 12,
ALBERT JACKSON 6
Dec 23 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 30
GEORGIA 29 HALFTIME
Dec 23 7:54 PM
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Apr 20
- McGarity believes Georgia program still growing with Fox Mar 30
- J.J. Frazier keeps believing, keeps shooting for Georgia Mar 4
- Georgia bracing for road trips to LSU and No. 17 Baylor Jan 25
- Georgia looking for turnaround following ugly loss to Aggies Jan 19
- Georgia defeats Robert Morris 79-67 Dec 29
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Georgia Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Georgia's Fox pushing for consistency after reaching NCAAs Oct 29
- Mann, Gaines looking to push Georgia to new heights Oct 23
- Michigan State holds off Georgia Mar 20