St. John's routs Bryant 80-44Dec 24, 2009 - 2:19 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- D.J. Kennedy scored 18 points to lead St. John's in an 80-44 rout of winless Bryant University on Wednesday night.
Dwight Hardy and Paris Horne added 16 points apiece for the Red Storm (10-2), who bounced back from a 71-66 loss to Cornell in the championship game of the Holiday Festival at Madison Square Garden on Monday night.
Horne finished 5-for-6 on 3-pointers.
After taking a 12-point lead early, the Bulldogs (0-12) pulled even at 14-all with just over 13 minutes to play in the first half. After a St. John's timeout, Kennedy and Hardy hit back to back 3s to help spark a 29-7 run the rest of the period.
The Red Storm outscored Bryant 37-23 in the second half.
The Bulldogs had 12 players score, but none finished in double figures.
St. John's has won four of its last five games after opening the season with six consecutive wins.
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- Snow sacks Marquette-St. John's basketball game Jan 23
- St. John's center Sima out 4-6 weeks with broken hand Jan 8
- St. John's freshman Kassoum Yakwe cleared to play by NCAA Nov 25
- NCAA reinstates St. John's guard Felix Balamou Nov 19
- St. John's Balamou sidelined indefinitely by NCAA Nov 13
- St. John's LoVett ruled a partial qualifier by NCAA Nov 11
- St. Thomas Aquinas beats St. John's 90-58 Nov 4
- St. John's about to start the "Mullin Era" Oct 21
- Richmond, St. Jean complete Mullin's staff Oct 6