Minnesota defeats South Dakota State 92-62Dec 24, 2009 - 1:59 AM MINNEAPOLIS(AP) -- Blake Hoffarber scored 16 points to lead a balanced scoring attack as Minnesota defeated South Dakota State 92-62 Wednesday night.
Lawrence Westbrook added 12 for the Gophers (9-3), winners of five straight. Devoe Joseph had 11, and Damian Johnson, Al Nolen and Paul Carter had 10 each.
Garrett Callahan had 25 points, including six 3-pointers, for the Jackrabbits (5-8), who lost for the third time in four games overall, and for the fifth straight year at Minnesota. Nate Wolters had 14 points.
Minnesota is averaging 92.6 points per game during its winning streak.
- Under-pressure Pitino: 'We've got to get this right' May 12
- Audit finds overspending on travel by Gophers' coach May 11
- Prosecutor delays charging decision against Minnesota player May 10
- Minnesota: Basketball player arrested on sex assault charge May 8
- Guard Akeem Springs joins Minnesota as graduate transfer Apr 19
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Minnesota guard to transfer after sex video suspension Apr 4
- 3 Minnesota players suspended for video are reinstated Mar 29
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- Despite dismal season, Pitino exudes optimism for future Mar 10
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- Pitino to assess status of 3 suspended players after season Mar 8