Lathan leads Indiana State past IUPUI 72-59Dec 23, 2009 - 9:13 PM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Dwayne Lathan scored 18 points and grabbed a team-high seven rebounds to lead Indiana State to a 72-59 win over Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis on Wednesday.
Jordan Printy finished with 12 points for the Sycamores (8-3), who won their third straight game.
The Jaguars (9-4) cut Indiana State's lead down to 49-45. But Printy hit his third 3-pointer of the game with 7 minutes to play then hit another 3 about a minute later to give the Sycamores a 55-49 lead.
IUPUI held a 10-point lead with 15:49 left in the first half, but ended up trailing Indiana State 35-28 at halftime.
Indiana State outrebounded IUPUI 36-28. The Sycamores' reserves outscored the IUPUI bench players 29-3.
Alex Young and Leroy Nobles each led IUPUI with 20 points apiece. Robert Glenn added 12 points.
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Bohannon powers No. 20 Northern Iowa past Indiana State Jan 21
- Sycamores challenge 20th-ranked Panthers in MVC melee Jan 21
- No. 23 Butler blows past Indiana State Dec 4
- Bulldogs hit road to tangle with Sycamores Dec 3