Iona downs Fairleigh Dickinson 82-60Dec 24, 2009 - 3:22 AM HACKENSACK, N.J.(AP) -- Milan Prodanovic scored a season-high 15 points, leading five Iona players in double figures in an 82-60 rout of Fairleigh Dickinson on Wednesday night.
The Gaels (8-4), who extended their winning streak versus Fairleigh Dickinson to three games, have won four straight for the first time since February 2006. This was the first meeting between the teams since 1996.
Prodanovic, who came in averaging 2.3 points per contest, was 5-for-8 from the floor and scored more points than in his past nine games combined (11).
Scott Machado added 12 points for Iona, while Jermel Jenkins and Rashard McGill had 11 apiece. Alejo Rodriguez also chipped in with 10 points for the Gaels, who never trailed.
Up 19-13 less than 8 minutes into the game, Iona went on a 10-run that put the game out of reach.
Mike Scott led the Knights (1-12) with 15 points.
- Morris and Iowa State race past Iona 94-81 Mar 17
- Iona spoiled Monmouth bench mob party Mar 16
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- Sophomore Much receives NCAA waiver, can play right away Nov 15
- Iona gives hoops coach Cluess extension Mar 26
- Manhattan pulls away late, bests Iona for MAAC title Mar 9
- Manhattan takes on Iona in MAAC title tilt Mar 9
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10