Green scores 27 as Alabama rolls over Mercer 90-71Dec 24, 2009 - 3:42 AM TUSCALOOSA, Ala.(AP) -- Sophomore forward JaMychal Green scored a career-high 27 points and pulled down 13 rebounds to lead the Alabama to a 90-71 win over Mercer on Wednesday night.
The Crimson Tide (8-4) opened the game with a 22-2 run, holding the Bears (4-7) scoreless for the first 6:50.
Alabama led 45-31 at the half and Mercer got no closer than 10 points the rest of the way. The 90 points is a season high for the Tide, which built its lead to as much as 26 points, 84-59, with 3:34 left.
Senior guard Mikhail Torrance added 14 points and seven assists for Alabama, while junior guard Senario Hillman chipped in 14 points and eight rebounds.
Senior guard James Florence scored 24 points to lead Mercer, leaving him seven points behind Sam Mitchell for the Bears' career scoring lead.
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9
- Alabama point guard Ingram out for season with foot injury Dec 10
- Alabama's Avery Johnson set for college coaching debut Nov 12
- Alabama Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Avery Johnson stirring up excitement before Alabama debut Oct 29
- Alabama tabs Avery Johnson as men's basketball coach Apr 6