San Francisco wins 82-73Dec 24, 2009 - 3:29 AM SAN FRANCISCO(AP) -- Dior Lowhorn had 27 points and nine rebounds, Kwame Vaughn added 22 points and San Francisco beat Cal State Bakersfield 82-73 to end a three-game losing streak Wednesday night.
Lowhorn, the Dons' leading scorer, went 17 of 21 at the free throw line as San Francisco (4-9) won the first-ever meeting between the two schools.
Donald Bragg had 14 points, seven rebounds and five assists for Bakersfield (1-9), which played the final 14:30 without leading scorer Trent Blakely. Blakely was ejected from the game after being called for a flagrant foul when he slammed Dons' freshman guard Mike Williams to the floor early in the second half, opening a cut over Williams' eye.
The Dons trailed most of the first half but opened the second half with a 27-7 run to take control.
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Gonzaga rallies to down San Francisco Mar 8
- Dons challenge Zags in WCC Tournament action Mar 7
- Gonzaga holds off San Francisco Feb 8
- No. 6 Gonzaga cruises past San Francisco Jan 9
- San Francisco hits road seeking upset of No. 6 Gonzaga Jan 8
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- Gonzaga routs San Francisco Dec 31
- Dons hit road seeking upset of Zags Dec 30