Eglseder's 28 lead Northern Iowa by Wyoming 72-54Dec 24, 2009 - 3:21 AM CEDAR FALLS, Iowa(AP) -- Jordan Eglseder had game highs of 28 points and nine rebounds to lead Northern Iowa past Wyoming 72-54 on Wednesday night.
Ali Farokhmanesh scored 15, all on 3-pointers, and Kerwin Dunham added 10 points for the Panthers (9-1), who won their eighth in a row.
Northern Iowa's win gave the Missouri Valley Conference a 5-4 victory in the Mountain West/MVC Challenge.
Afam Muojeke led the Cowboys (6-6) with 20 points, and Desmar Jackson had 12.
Northern Iowa bolted to a 7-0 advantage, but Wyoming came right back with a nine-point streak that began a run that put the Cowboys up 24-15 midway through the first half.
But Northern Iowa stormed back to go ahead 29-27 on Dunham's 3-pointer with 3:53 left. The Panthers led 34-33 at intermission.
The lead reached 58-48 on Farokhmanesh's 3-pointer with 7:48 to go, and the Panthers pulled away.
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- Northern Iowa gives Jacobson a new 10-year deal Apr 2
- Rozier, Louisville top UNI to reach 4th straight Sweet 16 Mar 23
- East Regional action pits Cards against Panthers Mar 22
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14