Miles' 28 points lead Lamar past Rice 77-61Dec 24, 2009 - 3:46 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Anthony Miles scored a career-high 28 points to lead five Lamar players scoring in double figures as the Cardinals beat Rice 77-61 Wednesday night.
Miles grabbed 10 rebounds for his third double-double of the season as he hit 4 of 6 from 3-point range and 10 of 12 from the free-throw line. Charlie Harper had 14 points and Coy Custer had 13 for Lamar (5-7). Justin Nabors and Kendrick Harris scored 10 points each.
Tamir Jackson had 15 points to lead Rice (5-6). Arsalan Kazemi added 13 points and Trey Stanton had 10.
Lamar outrebounded the Owls 43-33 and held them to 37.7 percent shooting from the field. The Cardinals shot 49.1 percent from the field.
The game was back-and-forth early and was tied at 18 with 7:35 left in the first half. But Lamar used a 9-0 run over the next 2:06 to build a 27-18 lead and never again trailed.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Rice resigns as UNLV's coach in middle of fifth season Jan 10
- Evans leads Rice to 67-54 win over St. Thomas (Texas) Dec 17
- No. 11 Texas gets back on track by topping Rice Dec 29
- Lone Star State showdown pits Owls against Longhorns Dec 29
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- UNLV nears two-year extension for Rice Mar 29
- Rice tabs VCU assistant Rhoades as coach Mar 26