New Mexico State wins 79-75 over Texas SouthernDec 24, 2009 - 4:46 AM LAS CRUCES, N.M.(AP) -- Jahmar Young scored 26 points and Jonathan Gibson added 24 as New Mexico State beat Texas Southern 79-75 on Wednesday night.
New Mexico State (6-6) rattled off a 13-4 run midway through the second half, highlighted by 3-pointers from Young, Wendell McKines and Gordo Castillo, as the Aggies went up 70-60 with just under 10-minutes remaining in the contest. McKines finished with 18 points, 11 rebounds and six assists.
Texas Southern (4-7) would make one last push, slicing the deficit to 77-75 on a 3-pointer and two free throws by Deandre Hall with just under a minute remaining in the contest.
New Mexico State's Hernst Laroche was fouled with 16 seconds remaining. He knocked down both free throws to supply the winning margin.
Texas Southern (4-7) was led by Junior Treasure's 26 points and Hall's 24.
New Mexico State led 36-34 at halftime.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 75
NEW MEXICO ST 79 FINAL
Dec 23 11:04 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 34
NEW MEXICO ST 36 HALFTIME
Dec 23 9:56 PM
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27