Wisconsin tops Wisconsin-Milwaukee 68-58Dec 24, 2009 - 4:14 AM MADISON, Wis.(AP) -- Jon Leuer scored 25 points to lead Wisconsin in a 68-58 win over Wisconsin-Milwaukee Wednesday night.
The Badgers (9-2) used a 19-8 run to close the first half, putting them up 41-29. Wisconsin then spent the second half holding the Panthers (8-5) at bay.
The Badgers built their lead as high as 16 in the early part of the second half before UW-Milwaukee was able to cut it back to 10 with just less than 6 minutes left. But the Panthers could pull no closer, and a quick Wisconsin flurry ended any hopes of a comeback.
Keaton Nankivil and Jordan Taylor scored 14 points for the Badgers.
Ricky Franklin led UW-Milwaukee with 13 points.
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Apr 20
- Lamont Paris promoted to associate head coach at Wisconsin Apr 12
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes to get feedback on draft prospects Apr 5
- Former Badgers player Joe Krabbenhoft back as assistant Apr 4
- Longtime Wisconsin assistant Gary Close leaves Badgers Mar 30
- Steadied under Greg Gard, Wisconsin can build on experience Mar 26
- Notre Dame advances to Elite 8 with 61-56 win over Badgers Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Stuck in slump, Wisconsin's Hayes contributes in other ways Mar 22
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- New-look Badgers back in NCAA Tournament against Pittsburgh Mar 17