Boise State defeats Montana State 58-56Dec 24, 2009 - 4:12 AM BOISE, Idaho(AP) -- Kurt Cunningham scored 14 points Wednesday night to lead Boise State to a 58-56 victory over Montana State.
Cunningham hit two free throws with 4:48 remaining to put Boise State (8-4) ahead to stay.
Bobby Howard and Erik Rush scored 14 apiece to pace Montana State (7-5).
Montana State trailed by 18 points with 17 minutes remaining before going on a 21-2 run to take a 52-51 lead on Cody Anderson's layup and free throw with 7:11 left.
Boise State closed the first half with a 24-2 run to take a 41-27 halftime lead. The Broncos scored the first three points of the second half to make it a 27-2 run before Rush scored on a dunk.
Montana State made 10-of-14 field-goal attempts in building a 25-17 advantage, but was just 1-of-16 the rest of the half.
- NCAA BB
MONTANA ST 56
BOISE ST 58 FINAL
Dec 23 10:54 PM
- NCAA BB
MONTANA ST 27
BOISE ST 41 HALFTIME
Dec 23 9:58 PM
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23