Oregon State defeats Fresno State 73-65Dec 24, 2009 - 4:26 AM CORVALLIS, Ore.(AP) -- Calvin Haynes tied a career high with 25 points to lead Oregon State to a 73-65 victory against Fresno State on Wednesday night.
Lathan Wallace added 13 points and Omari Johnson and Seth Tarver 12 each for the Beavers (6-5), who became the 15th Division I team with 1,600 victories.
Paul George had 15 points for Fresno State (6-7).
Haynes scored 13 of Oregon State's first 14 points of the second half, helping the Beavers build an 18-point lead. Fresno State trailed by 11 at halftime and got no closer until George's basket with 1:31 remaining made it 72-63.
Oregon State never trailed after scoring nine straight points - all on 3-pointers - to take an 11-4 lead.
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Oregon State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Oregon State Beavers no longer the Pac-12 surprise Oct 28
- No. 9 Utah tops Oregon State in defensive battle Feb 20
- Utes battle Beavers in Pac-12 affair Feb 19
- No. 6 Arizona cruises past Oregon State Jan 31
- Wildcats host Beavers in Pac-12 action Jan 30
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18