Oliver leads San Jose State to 74-68 victoryDec 24, 2009 - 5:20 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Adrian Oliver had 23 points and 12 rebounds in helping San Jose State beat Santa Clara 74-68 on Wednesday night.
Mac Peterson, a senior making his second career start, matched his career high with 17 points as the Spartans (6-5) won for the third time in four games. Robert Owens added 12 points.
Robert Smith had 16 points and Troy Payne scored 15 to lead the Broncos (7-6), who had won three of their previous four.
It was the 100th meeting between the teams dating to the 1909-10 season. San Jose State won the first meeting 54-30, but Santa Clara leads the all-time series 71-29.
Oliver was 6 of 6 from the foul line and scored a basket in the final 44 seconds to seal the win.
Santa Clara led 30-25 at halftime.
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 74
SANTA CLARA 68 FINAL
Dec 24 12:10 AM
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 25
SANTA CLARA 30 HALFTIME
Dec 23 10:57 PM
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11
- Broncos battle Bulldogs in WCC fracas Jan 10
- Michigan State cruises past Santa Clara Nov 25
- Broncos hit road seeking upset of Spartans Nov 24
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25