Utah State wins 85-73 over Weber StateDec 24, 2009 - 5:20 AM LOGAN, Utah(AP) -- Tai Wesley scored 19 points and pulled down a game-high eight rebounds to lead Utah State to a 85-73 win over Weber State Wednesday night.
Jared Quayle added 16 points and Modou Niang a career-high 13 for the Aggies (9-4). The win was the final game of the Basketball Travelers Invitational, hosted by Utah State.
Damian Lillard scored 22 for Weber State (7-6), Kyle Bullinger 21 and Nick Hansen 11. Lillard did not score from the field until the second half.
The Wildcats got a layup from Trevor Morris with 13:50 to play to bring the score to 55-46, the closest Weber State would get in the second half. Two consecutive tip-ins from Tyler Newbold put the Aggies back in charge.
Wesley scored the first five points of the game as Utah State burst out to a 14-2 lead. The Aggies held a double-digit lead throughout the rest of the first half and led 46-29 at halftime.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13