Loyola Marymount holds off Sacramento State 82-78Dec 27, 2009 - 11:37 PM SACRAMENTO, Calif.(AP) -- Jarred DuBois had 24 points and Vernon Teel added 20 points to help Loyola Marymount survive a furious rally and beat Sacramento State 82-78 on Sunday.
Drew Viney had 13 points and 12 rebounds and Kevin Young scored 10 points for the Lions (7-7), who lost a 21-point lead in the second half. Teel also had 10 rebounds and seven assists.
Sultan Toles-Bey had 17 points, and John Dickson, Justin Eller and Antonio Flaggs each had 14 points for the Hornets (6-8).
Teel's 3-point shot put the Lions up 55-34 with 13:44 to play before the Hornets cut the deficit to 77-75 on a three-point play by Dickson with 29 seconds left.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 82
SACRAMENTO ST 78 FINAL
Dec 27 6:04 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 37
SACRAMENTO ST 30 HALFTIME
Dec 27 4:50 PM
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- First vs. worst in the WCC, as Zags visit Lions Jan 17
- Wichita State has no problem with Loyola Marymount Dec 23
- Lions and Shockers meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 22
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Dunlap returns to Loyola Marymount Mar 13
- Loyola Marymount, Good part ways Mar 12
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18