Hayward scores 23 in Marquette's 102-62 victoryDec 27, 2009 - 9:17 PM MILWAUKEE(AP) -- Lazar Hayward scored 23 points and Jimmy Butler added 16, leading Marquette to a 102-62 victory over Presbyterian on Sunday.
Marquette (9-3) took a 21-point halftime lead, and Presbyterian (2-11) never got closer than 18 the rest of the way. The Golden Eagles extended the lead to 30 points midway through the second half and took a 97-56 lead on David Cubillan's 3-pointer with 3:32 to go.
Marquette had six players score in double figures. Darius Johnson-Odom had 15 points, Maurice Acker and Dwight Buycks added 14 each and Cubillan had 10.
Zach Faircloth scored 15 points and Khalid Mutakabbir added 14 for Presbyterian, which has lost six consecutive games.
It was the fifth time this season that the Blue Hose have lost by at least 30 points and third time they lost by at least 40.
Marquette topped 100 points for the first time this season.
- Marquette guard Wally Ellenson leaving basketball team Apr 21
- Marquette freshman Henry Ellenson declares for NBA draft Apr 5
- Marquette's Ellenson day to day with sprained left ankle Mar 2
- Marquette, freshman star Henry Ellenson, wrap up at home Feb 29
- Led by freshman Ellenson, young Marquette seeks Feb. push Feb 10
- Snow sacks Marquette-St. John's basketball game Jan 23
- After road upset, young Marquette looks to improve at home Jan 8
- Wojciechowski gets 2-year extension at Marquette to 2022 Dec 29
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Fresh faces get in on Marquette-Wisconsin rivalry Dec 11
- Wojo readies Ellenson, touted Marquette freshmen for opener Nov 11
- Oh Henry: Ellenson highlights Marquette's big freshman class Nov 3