Leuer leads Wisconsin past Illinois-Chicago 79-43Dec 27, 2009 - 10:47 PM MADISON, Wis.(AP) -- Jon Leuer scored 13 of his game-high 17 points in the first half as Wisconsin defeated Illinois-Chicago 79-43 on Sunday.
Leuer, who has averaged 15.8 points over the past five games, was 6 of 8 from the field against the Flames (3-8) and also had a career-high five assists and seven rebounds.
The Badgers (10-2) got off to a sluggish start but closed the first half with a 21-9 run for a 35-19 lead. Leuer and Jason Bohannon combined for 15 points during that stretch. Wisconsin also hit 7 of 11 3-pointers in the first half.
Robo Kreps led Illinois-Chicago with 13 points, including a 40-foot 3-pointer that swished in at the first-half buzzer.
Bohannon added 15 points while Trevon Hughes had 12, Jordan Taylor 11 and Ryan Evans 10.
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Apr 20
- Lamont Paris promoted to associate head coach at Wisconsin Apr 12
- Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes to get feedback on draft prospects Apr 5
- Former Badgers player Joe Krabbenhoft back as assistant Apr 4
- Longtime Wisconsin assistant Gary Close leaves Badgers Mar 30
- Steadied under Greg Gard, Wisconsin can build on experience Mar 26
- Notre Dame advances to Elite 8 with 61-56 win over Badgers Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Stuck in slump, Wisconsin's Hayes contributes in other ways Mar 22
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- New-look Badgers back in NCAA Tournament against Pittsburgh Mar 17
- Native sons Chryst, Gard lead Wisconsin's visible programs Mar 14