UCLA pulls away from Delaware State for 66-49 winDec 27, 2009 - 11:22 PM LOS ANGELES,(AP) -- Reeves Nelson scored a career-high 21 points and UCLA defeated Delaware State 66-49 Sunday.
The Bruins have won three of their last four games, but their 5-7 record leaves them last in the Pac-10 in nonconference play. UCLA opens its Pac-10 schedule against Arizona State on Thursday at home.
Marcus Neal led the Hornets (4-6) with 15 points.
In what started out as a battle of jump-shooters, the Bruins took over midway through the first half when they started taking the ball inside to Nelson, a 6-foot-8 freshman center.
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE ST 49
UCLA 66 FINAL
Dec 27 5:47 PM
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE ST 19
UCLA 38 HALFTIME
Dec 27 4:49 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28
- UCLA and Gonzaga square off in South Region semifinals Mar 27
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- Madness! UCLA beats SMU on goaltending call Mar 19
- Bruins battle Mustangs in South Regional affair Mar 19