Harvard gives MIT first loss, 88-61Dec 28, 2009 - 11:54 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Jeremy Lin scored 18 points, had three blocks and three steals to help Harvard defeat Massachusetts Institute of Technology 88-61 on Monday night.
Lin led four Crimson players in double figures as Pat Magnarelli scored 16 points, Dee Giger 14 and Christian Webster 10.
Harvard (8-3) scored 43 points off the bench and had 22 second-chance points compared to 8 by the Engineers (11-1).
The Crimson trailed 10-8 with 15:18 left in the first half before going on a 12-2 run. Brandyn Curry's 3 gave Harvard a 20-12 lead with 11:59 left in the first half.
The Crimson shot 55 percent from the field (33 of 60), and outrebounded MIT 45-31.
The Division III Engineers were off to their best start in program history before falling to the Crimson for the seventh straight time.
Mitchell Kates scored 14 points and Noel Hollingsworth added 12 for MIT.
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Chambers, Saunders lead No. 25 Harvard past MIT Nov 15
- No. 25 Harvard hosts MIT in season lid lifter Nov 14
- Michigan State moves on with win over Harvard Mar 23